Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I.O.U.

I meant to write a post on Mother's Day. I meant to put a letter in the mail. I meant to sign up for an ASL class. I meant to... That seems to be my theme lately. After getting the wisdom teeth out, it took me longer to recover than I think everyone anticipated. Happy to say that for the last 3 days I haven't had to take any med's for pain (yay!). So, now that I'm back to normal (whatever that is) I thought I'd get around to the things I've been meaning to say and just haven't. I think I'll do it in list form since that truly captures my personality (I love a good list):
  1. I'm worried about the end of preschool (June 4) for summer break. I love Maddie completely, but these 3 mornings a week with just Grace and I are amazing. She is my little side-kick (much like Mad was at this age).
  2. I'm wondering how we will fill those long 13 weeks of summer.
  3. I had a great mother's day and realized that I'm keeping the card my husband wrote to me, forever.
  4. I'm not worrying about where Gracie wants to sleep anymore. She loves the basement (slept there last night for 14 hours straight!) and I'm not fixing something that ain't broke, if you know what I'm saying.
  5. I'm planning to take an ASL class because for a while now something has been calling me to do so... Not sure, but really intrigued.
  6. As of this afternoon I will have officially mailed in/submitted my form/documentation for renewing my teaching license (yay!)
  7. I cannot believe that Grace is 8 months old. She is pulling up to stand all the time! They say it goes by fast, but I think the second time is even faster.
I think that's about everything I've been daydreaming to blog. I know I've said this before, but I want/need to blog about what's going on more. I will. I mean to and I will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got all of that out of your head :) Feeling lighter? ;)
I agree with you that the second time having a baby goes much faster. I think the first time around you're anticipating everything so much that it feels like it never happens quickly enough. This time I know with Aisling it's more a case of, oh my gosh I can't believe you're doing that already!
And don't worry you'll find that once you get your routine with Maddie down your 13 weeks of summer will fly by and at the end while you'll be ready for her to go back to preschool you'll feel sad then too. It's just how it works. Can't get enough of them and can't wait to have a break from them all at the same time. It's no wonder I'm losing it ;) Looking forward to seeing you sometime this week. Let me know if and when works. I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better. I was afraid all our chatting last week might set you back a day or too lol! xxx Siobhan