Saturday, June 13, 2009

Nueve Meses


Grace had her 9 month check up this week. She's doing great residing in the 30th percentile very comfortably. She weighed 17lbs 10oz and measured 27" long. Happy healthy girl and really beginning to come into her own. There are so many things I could write about her to tell you all who she's becoming, but here are a few things that come to mind. Gracie is happy; not just happy here and there, but always happy. She teaches me a lot about attitude considering she always has a good one and the small things in life please her. She stands up and is starting to cruise around on the furniture; just like her big sis at this age. She's daring with her new found ability to climb up the stairs! The other night she was exhausted and I was ready to take her up to bed (yep, take her up not down because she's moved out of the basement and into her actual crib :) she decided to climb the stairs all the way to the top with me shadowing her. She got to the top, her eyelids were red from exhaustion and she was so proud. It was like she couldn't believe that she had just done something she's been planning for a while. I know this because when Maddie and I have to run upstairs real quick to get something, Grace stands at the bottom step and cries. She hates being left out.

Basically Grace is busy. A very busy baby who keeps us on our toes and whom we love to pieces. In 9 short (at times long) months, she's become the perfect missing piece to our little family. We feel complete and that feels pretty special.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful Sarah! I'm so glad that you have such a wonderful family.

Can you believe last night we were discussing baby girl names??? haha We won't try for a while but we definitely are going to have another one some day. And the next time we're not finding out the sex!! ;)

SARAH said...

Thanks Laura. I don't blame you for not finding out next time! I remember when Maddie was just about 1 years old when I really started thinking about baby #2. Then, 3 months later I was pregnant! Crazy :) Hope you guys are well.

Anonymous said...

Gracie is such a special little girl and we are truly blessed to have her in our lives. You can't be around her without smiling!
love ya,
Sandy

Mom aka Nonnie said...

Sarah, what a nice entry on Miss Grace! It really does seem as if she's been happy since the moment she was born! She reminds me of you so much. You were 9 months old when we moved from Antioch to Modesto and I have this vivid memory of looking at you sitting in the back seat of the car (yes, in a car seat even way back then!)and you were smiling your big, beautiful smile. I remember thinking that I hoped our move would be good for you and that you would always be so happy! It's nice that you (mostly) feel that happiness now as you love your two precious girls. I'm counting the days until you are all back out here in California where Nonnie can have her arms full of love! Have a good day - love you - MOM