Thursday, June 5, 2008

7 months and a Hospital visit!

So, today was interesting. And by interesting, it was no fun :( Maddie and I were having a normal day. We went to the bank, Target and then to Gymboree. After Gymboree, I was walking through the mall and I wouldn't stop getting Braxton-Hick's contractions. Like, one after another and my stomach was getting rock hard and I was so uncomfortable. For the past 3 days, I've been feeling like this, so I decided to call my midwife. Well, she told me to rest and call her in a couple of hours. Which I did and I was still having the contractions, so she sent me to the hospital. I was feeling upset. I didn't want to go to the hospital and make people worry, plus, I carried Maddie to full term no problem; so why was this happening? Basically, after being there and monitored and tests being run, I was found to be fine. I'm just over doing it. I need to take it easy and make sure to drink a lot more water. So, as Gabe and I left the hospital, I said "see you in 12 weeks." There really is a reason that pregnancy is so long. Because today I was scared there and not prepared. When you're 40 weeks pregnant and in real labor, you're happy to be at the hospital because you're dying to meet your baby and have your body back to yourself :) So, that's it. Lizzy and Justin will be here tomorrow and I'm excited.
Also, for all who know her, my good friend Siobhan had her baby yesterday. Her name is Aisling (pronounced Ashling; Irish spelling) and she was 7 lbs. 15 oz. A perfect size. I cannot wait to meet her!

No comments: