Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Cold and a Cleaning Frenzy

Well, Maddie has a cold that she got from Gabe and I'm lucky because I don't have it. She's been a little under the weather for about 3 days now and I'm hoping (finger's crossed) that today is the last day of it. We had to miss Gymboree this morning because they don't want you to come and make all the other kids sick. So, instead we headed out for a nice walk before it gets too warm today. Plus, we have more thunder showers coming, so we needed to get it out of the way. Then we went and donated more things that we don't need from the basement. That's the best feeling. I think I'm finally done with all of the de-cluttering-making-room-for-another-baby work I've been doing for about a month. Everything feels purged and that feels great. The basement is really coming along as a play room for the girls. Grace's crib is ordered and on it's way as I blog; probably be here tomorrow. So, it's all coming together and that feels like a mission accomplished. Yesterday I took it upon myself to move a few pieces of furniture to see if it gave me more space. It did and I think I'll leave it this way until I don't need as much baby stuff (swing, exersaucer, bouncy chair, etc.) out. It's not out yet, but I made room in anticipation. I have 89 days til' my due date, according to the pregnancy calendar. In line at the grocery store, we met a little girl named Grace and her mom told me that she had her August 23rd. A sign that my Grace is coming a little early? Who knows. I know that Alexa thinks she'll be born in August :) We shall see.
Elisabeth and Justin are coming here this weekend. Well, Justin is already here and actually coming over tonight to hang out and have pizza. But, Lizzy gets here Friday and then next week we have some fun plans to do with them. I love having visitors (hint, hint to all you Californian's). A funny thing I wanted to blog about since last week, but couldn't find the time. I'm really thinking about Christmas all the time. Isn't that the strangest thing you've heard? Why it's on my mind, I have no idea. Maybe it's because last years was so terrible, or because this year I'll have two little girls at Christmas time. But, whatever it is, it's funny. I just keep thinking about what we'll do this year (since we won't be traveling) and what kind of traditions I want to start and always do. I figure that Maddie will possibly start remembering them now, so I want to make good memories for her and for us.
So, that's what's going on here. Gabe's busy with work and meetings, but we've also been finding a good balance at being together. He's doing great and just celebrated 60 days on Sunday. I'm doing good too.

No comments: