So, here we are. The month before we pass the exiting babyhood, welcome to toddler hood sign on the freeway of life. Ugh. I'm not ready for this...but I am. When I first had her, I couldn't wait for her to grow up. I had all these fantasies of her and Maddie playing together, talking for hours in their room, confiding in one another. While I still continue to hold onto these grandeur's of illusion, I'm confounded by the fact that they are fast approaching; like, too fast. I not only want her to still want me, but I need her to. She's my baby. Her name has been "baby Grace" from the beginning. "Toddler Grace" doesn't have the same ring to it.
Because I want to remember her exactly as she is now, here are some facts about my little girl. Gracie, at 11 months you:
- are one of the lights of my life; I cannot wait to hold you each morning
- can practically walk; maybe 4 or 5 steps in a row, but they are fast steps. You have a lot of momentum
- say "ba ba ba ba..." all the time. You can say "mama" "dada" and "bubba" too.
- smile all the time and your 2 little bottom teeth show which cracks me up! Those are the only teeth you have now.
- love animals; especially dogs (no surprise there) and often get into their crates (just like your big sister did)
- want to eat real food now more than baby food
- suck the same 2 fingers as your sister and have a favorite "nigh-nigh."
- LOVE water; dog bowl water, bathtub water, pool water, sippy cup water...you love it all.
- have dirty diapers that can clear a room; we call you "toxic" from time to time :)
- get red eyelids when you're tired; it's a tell-tale sign. You get that from me.
- are a mommy's girl through and through. This was predicted by your Nonnie when you were 3 days old and has turned out to be very true.
- make me feel loved