Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sick as a...

pregnant woman in her last weeks of pregnancy? (Betcha thought I was going to say dog!) So, last night I was up until 12:30am because the nausea that I was experiencing was unbearable. I did not have this issue this late in pregnancy with Maddie. It was reminiscent of the first 3 months of pregnancy where the only thing I could stomach were saltines and ginger ale. It started with heartburn right after dinner and then progressed to I-could-vomit-at-any-minute by 10pm. Then I spent the next 2 and half hours watching TIVO'd episodes of Bridezillas (don't ask) and trying to wash down the acid that kept coming up with some Sprite. So, needless to say, I'm tired. And, unsure of why last night's sickness occurred and determined to not feel like crap today. So, that's where I'm at.
Separate from all that drama, Gabe and I went to see Coldplay in concert at the Verizon Center in DC on Sunday night. It was awesome! To be honest, I've always liked Coldplay, but not enough to want to trek to DC at 9 months pregnant and listen to loud music (it's not the Dixie Chicks-for which there are no obstacles :) But, I went and promised to be a good sport. Well, it turned out to be a terrific show with great songs played. Gabe and I had a blast and I kept calling it my "last hurrah." We didn't bring a camera though, so there's no pic's to post. I have a few funny ones of Maddie to put up and hopefully I can get to that later today.
Doctor's appointment tomorrow and hopefully some news to share. We're off to Gymboree :)

No comments: