Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's finally here!


So, inauguration day is upon us and I'm so glad it's here. It's been a looooooooooooong wait (8 years anyone?) and today just has a sense of electricity in the air. Well, the electricity in my house is coming from our couch (what is that all about)-but I digress. Today is a monumental day for the whole country-and in particular my little part of the world. I drive to Maryland every Monday night and last night I think there were at least 20 signs that reminded us that tomorrow there would be road closures due to a "DC Event." Who on earth, or at least in DC, Maryland and Virginia doesn't know what "event" is happening today? I thought it was a little comical but I'm sure it was also necessary. So, I just wanted to mark this day by saying I'm so happy, emotional, joyful and peaceful. I'm also so happy that my daughters' first memory of a president will be Mr. Obama. It gives me chills.

No comments: