Friday, January 25, 2008

It's been too long...

Nonnie's Visit (check out Mad's teeth in the middle pic :)

So, it's been a few days, okay a week, since my mom left and I'm finally getting around to blogging. We've had a lot going on around here this week and right now I'm taking a break from packing. Tomorrow, Gabe and I are on our way to Parsippany, New Jersey to go to one of his friends' weddings. I'm looking forward to it, but I mapquested it today and it's going to take us 4 hours and 20 minutes to get there!!!!!!!!! Not looking forward to so much driving and so many toll roads, but it should be a good time once we get there. Maddie will be staying with Sandy and Carlos for the day and night and then Gabe and I will be back to get her on Sunday. So, I'm packing for us and for her and doing laundry and ... a million other things. As you can see from the pic's above, my mom's visit was a lot of fun. Maddie sort of demands that you read to her all the time and so that's what Nonnie's are good for! Lot's of reading of "Good Dog, Carl" and "Go, Dog, Go!" Maddie's 2 particular favorites. Also, 2 weeks ago I started a class that I need to take to renew my teaching license. It's on Wednesday nights and this week's was a serious waste of time! It's easy though, so I really shouldn't complain. So, that's our news for the week. It's freezing here; which makes me want to stay in doors permanently, but that's not conducive to having a 15 month old (she likes to be on the go for at least part of the day). Hope you're all well.

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

Hello there, hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding and that the drive wasn't too tedious. I bet you're glad to be home again with Maddie and the dogs. I was wondering whether you were going to be at Open Gym tomorrow morning or not? You can let me know. Aibha and I are going to try and go just to get out of the house and somewhere different. Talk to you later on, xx

SARAH said...

Hey there,
The wedding was great and the drive wasn't too bad. We were planning to go to Open Gym, but now the people are coming between 9-11am to put in our new back door. If it get's done early enough we will be there, otherwise I was planning to take her on Thursday. I'll call you in the am
:)