Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What a feeling!

I have to say that never in my life have I been this emotional about a presidential election. To be totally honest, I never cared as much as I have this time around. I'm so moved by the fact that my daughters are alive in a time where history was made. As I watched all of the news networks last night, I felt unsure for a while. Sort of like disbelief. Then, as the numbers kept rising for Obama, I started to just feel joy. I felt like my vote counted for something. I felt a sense of total hope but mostly I felt moved. When I went to vote yesterday, I had tears in my eyes, which really caught me off guard. I think I welled up because I was so proud to be voting for Barack, but also because I was truly fearful of the other side winning. I am one of those people who is fed up with the way things have been for the past 8 years and I couldn't bare the thought of 4 more of the same. I heard something on TV this morning from a McCain supporter. She said that even though she didn't vote for Barack, she is getting in the line to support him now because that's what you do as an American; you support your President. That idea to support your President no matter what has been tough for many of us currently, but it's nice to see a light at the end of that tunnel. 1-20-09 :) {76 Days away}

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yeah Obama! I'm so with you Sarah, I've never felt more passionate about an election before. I was able to walk to my polling place yesterday morning and I felt so patriotic all day long (luckily I had the day off) with everyone around being in high spirits of what we would hope would happen. Jason and I watched CNN as the numbers came rolling in and we got more and more excited and at the point they showed that Obama was declared the president we were both so releived and so excited, especially being able to bring our baby into this world for a new change and beginning. We both had tears in our eyes as we watched him give his speech and I have never slept so good as I did last night in a long time. :)

Anonymous said...

Right on! Being in a newsroom was pretty amazing last night. No matter politically how people feel who might read this blog, it's historic. And it certainly shows children that truly anything is possible, that you can be anything you want to be. A lesson that I hope my nieces and nephews learn. Which is something our parents instilled in us. They also taught us they will love us no matter what, which is why I think even though Sarah and I voted for Obama I know dad still love us ;)
Love to everyone!
-Elisabeth

SARAH said...

Thanks for the comment Laura. It was a great day to be a part of. Let me know when you find out what you're having. Lots of people thought I was having a boy this time around too; so we'll see ;) Love the comment Liz. Love is unconditional both ways- I mean, we still loved him when he was gunning for Huckabee ;) Love ya!