Friday, December 19, 2008

Baptism


Okay, so to start off, our baptism was AMAZING! It was a moment I will remember for the rest of my life. With that being said there's something else that's been on my mind. In the past couple of weeks, we've been telling people that we're getting baptized. We kept finding that people didn't really know what to say to us. Many people whom are close to us didn't even really ask us what it meant to us, what it was (if they didn't know)- nothing. So that got me thinking. Maybe people thought it was weird; weird because it's something they thought only babies did or to some it may seem "too religious." Who knows? I want to be clear what it meant/means to me: It was an outward sign of an inner change that I made 7 years ago when I asked Christ into my heart as my Lord and Savior. That's one of the best decisions I've ever made and last night completely affirmed that choice. Gabe and I were the only married couple to be baptized together last night and so many people came up to us afterwards and thanked us for our testimonies. I could tell that Gabe's testimony really reached several people; one man told us that Gabe's testimony gave him hope for his brother who is battling alcohol and drugs. It was an awesome experience and I hope you enjoy the pictures. We read our testimonies side by side and then we were baptized together. To me, I felt more connected to Gabe last night than on the day we were married! Pretty amazing. There's a reason for this season that we're in :) So, thank you to those of you who kept us in your thoughts and prayers last night. I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish we could have been there, but definitely were connected to you guys in prayer.

Can't wait to celebrate!

Just awesome!!

SARAH said...

Thanks Dad and Clod! We can't wait to see you guys in 2 days :)