Friday, February 29, 2008

13 days to go!!!

I'm getting really excited for my trip home. I'm counting down the days until we have California morning fog, afternoon sunshine and cool nights. You take that kind of weather for granted when you live there. Then, it feels like rain is a real inconvenience, but I'd take rain over 27 degree temperatures any day. I like to be organized about packing for CA, so I usually start a week or so before we go. Although, the older Maddie gets, the less "equipment" I seem to need. I don't need bottles (she doesn't use them anymore), burp clothes, as many diapers, etc. But, that's all been traded in for the amount of books, snacks, and various entertainment items I have to bring. So, I guess it's pretty equal! Maddie's totally teething right now, and it's about time. She's only had 5 teeth for a really long time and most of her peers got their molars months ago. She's showing every sign, other than a tooth actually popping through! I keep checking those gums though. This weekend should be fun. Tomorrow is the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Old Town (as Gabe says, "they sure love a parade") at 12:30pm. It's only a high of 47 degrees tomorrow and the high usually occurs in the late afternoon, so it will be cold. We'll bundle her up and brave the elements because she deserves to see shamrocks and leprechauns :) Then, we'll take it easy in the afternoon and make a good dinner. Sunday, I'm off to church and then we'll figure out what the rest of the day will be. Gabe needs to go shopping for shoes so that may work it's way into our schedule. Anyway, that's what's going on here. Hope you all have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Laura said...

How exciting! I have to say that you just described the perfect day here. Today will sort of be like that... right now it's foggy and it'll only burn off to be about 64 degrees. Yesterday it was 70 degrees and sunny! (In the morning, I actually left the house in just a t-shirt and jeans) By the time you get here it'll prob be the same too so you guys will get to enjoy some nice weather!